Friday, June 14, 2013

flashback friday: home ec

sorry to have desserted the blog this week.  i've been at a teaching conference, where i was lucky enough to bump into mine and kay's home ec teachers from high school.  they were really just awesome.  so here are my flashbacks from FACS class. (which we never seemed to have together...)

7th grade TLC - woodshop:
kay told this boy from my neighborhood who was severely shy that i liked him.  it was probably the most uncomfortable situation anyone's ever been in in their life.  also, she painted her bird house BRIGHT orange.  let's just say, if i were a bird, it probably wouldn't have been my first home.  but i do still have the leather keychain that she punched my name in.  cute.

11th grade foods:
so i never took this class, but kay did.  and every time i was in calculus i would see her poking her head in the door whisper shouting my name to come out and get whatever food she had made that day.  how she snuck out and i always got her food was beyond me....but i didn't mind.

sometimes we liked to hang out in the clothing room mirrors.  
[yes, i'm wearing a hannah montana shirt....sue me.]

 and when we were supposed to be doing service projects, kay would chase birds with scissors...

thank you to our FACS teachers for loving us enough to not get so mad at us every day, 
and for inspiring me to be a teacher too. 

oh, and if you really want a good story - ask kay about her quillow from sewing class....

0 comments:

Post a Comment